Bikram Yoga Teacher Training & Retreats
Teacher Training to become a Bikram Yoga instructor is a little different, in that there are fewer, highly specialized teacher training courses taught by an affiliate Bikram Yoga training school.
If you are interested in becoming certified to open your own affiliate Bikram Yoga studio then a training course from one of the Bikram affiliated schools will get you there! These intensive Bikram teacher training sessions will teach you all you need to know about teaching basic Bikram Yoga.
Since Bikram yoga certification is a hot commodity these days, you can expect tuition to run between $5,000 and $7,000. Along with these higher prices, though, comes the opportunity for greater income and specialization of services.
The high demand for Bikram Yoga Teachers is keeping formation of new Bikram Yoga Teacher Training classes frequent and filling up quickly, so do your research and sign up as early as possible.
A Very Brief History Bickram Yoga
Bikram yoga was begun by Bikram Choudhury, who had begun practicing Hatha yoga. After becoming a yoga champion, he was injured during a competition, leaving him crippled. During his recovery, along with the help of his guru, he developed 26 postures that he used to restore his health.
Since Bikram developed his 26 postures, Bikram yoga has been incorporated by greater numbers of healers and therapists, as many practitioners find Bikram Yoga to be a particularly powerfully healing yoga.
Because Bikram Yoga postures can be accomplished by nearly every age and fitness level, it makes it the perfect type of yoga for practicing during times of great healing or reduction in activity due to injury.
Benefits of Bikram Yoga Practice and Teaching
Bikram yoga has been shown to be a powerful healing therapy suitable for all ages groups and skill levels. Becoming a Bikram yoga teacher means being part of the international Bikram Yoga network of studios and yoga teachers; working to offer the benefits that Bikram yoga offers as type of yoga well suited for intensive healing for acute illness, or general healing for chronic conditions or mild illnesses.
If you decide to become a Bikram yoga teacher you’ll also stand to make a decent income from teaching yoga classes, if this is your desire. Not everyone has what it takes to teach yoga full time, but if it’s something you love and truly enjoy doing, Bikram yoga is a great area to have specialty certification in for it’s popularity. You’ll not only make some great friends and contacts, a greater number of potential teaching positions and higher average pay too.
Get Certified Bikram Yoga Teacher Training Only From From Yoga Alliance Teacher Training Professional.
Walk away with 200 hours of Bikram Yoga Teacher Training, qualifying you to start teaching Bikram Yoga.
How to Become a Bikram Yoga Instructor
- You want to register as early as possible.
- Get warmed up by practicing Bikram yoga while you wait for your Bikram Yoga Teacher Training course start date. Optimally, you want at least 6 months of Bikram Yoga classes before starting teacher training, but clearly, the more training the better and the more your will get out of Bikram yoga teacher training.
- Be prepared for 9 weeks away from home.
- Get ready for post-teacher-training. Start looking for dues-paying teaching gigs at local community studios and have some business cards made up.
- Keep giving our your card and take the type of teaching positions it takes you to get established, whether this means starting off teaching at a gym, YMCA or private health club.
- Private clients are your best bet early on, as you negotiate the fee split with yoga studios. Early on increasing one’s private clientèle should be a primary focus. Private clients tend to pay more and you don’t have to split feeds with yoga studios, yet…
- Once you get some solid Bikram yoga teacher experience under your belt, applying to smaller private yoga studios is one of the best ways to get established as a Bikram yoga teacher with choice private clients and/or become a partner in or own your own Bikram Yoga Studio.